|2004 Triple Crown World Series Champions - 2005 Triple Crown World Series 2nd place - 2006 Triple Crown World Series 3rd place
|Copyright © 2003-2007, La Costa Bandits. All rights reserved.
Questions about the team? Email info@LaCostaBandits.com
Problems with the site? Email webmaster@LaCostaBandits.com
|USSSA LEAGUE RULES
1. Major league rules with USSSA and local League Director's exceptions will be followed. (Please
see www.baseballfirst.com for official USSSA rules).
2. All games will be 7 INNINGS or with no new inning after 2 hrs. 10 mins. Mercy rule will be in effect.
15 runs after 3 innings and/or 10 runs after 5 innings, or at both coaches mutual agreement.
3. Divisions are based upon player's ages as of year 2004 league age. (Birthdate after July 31st).
Example in the 12U Division - a player's 12th birthday must fall after July 31, 2003. Players may play up
in age but may not play down. Fall leagues will be based on 2004 age requirements.
4. Player may only play on one team during the league season, unless, he receives a release from his
coach from the orginal team. A player can only change teams once during the season, and not later
than the 5th game of the season. Players can be added to the rosters up to the 5th game. Additional
players added after the 5th game must be approved by the league director. Player aditions will only be
approved to replace another player, after the 5th game for (injury, vacation, school etc.) League has
discretion on all matters, beneficial to the League.
5. Pitching restriction for league games are unlimited. However, we advise all coaches and parents to
be aware of innings pitched during a game and season, for the well being of the player. The league
will not monitor inings pitched by a player. RE-ENTRY, National Rules allow a pitcher to reenter a
game at the pitcher position, however, USSSA Southern California does not allow re-entry at the
pitcher position - due to pitching restrictions. FOR LEAGUE PURPOSES THERE WILL NOT BE ANY
REENTRY FOR PITCHERS AT THE PITCHER'S POSITION.
6. Pitching and Base Distances
10U - 46' 65'
11U - 50' 70'
12U - 50' 70'
13U - 54' 80'
14U - 60'6" 90'
15U - 60'6" 90'
16U - 60'6" 90'
7. Batting Order - Teams may elect to bat 9 players AND/OR bat 10 players with the 10th player being a
EH (extra hitter). The EH is considered a defensive player and may switch in and out defensively.
Teams may also bat their entire roster. Starter my re-enter one time only in their original spot.
8. You can start a game with 8 players if the reason for 8 players is due to extenuating cirumstances
(lost, car trouble, injury). You can add players to the line up any time during the game, up to 10 players
(LEAGUE RULE ONLY). If a player is ejected and there is no substitute, each time the ejected player's
spot comes up in the line, it will be ruled as AN OUT. If a player must leave the game due to injury or
any other reason other than an ejection, the line up just moves up. NO LEAGUE GAME SHOULD BE
FORFIETED FOR THE ABOVE SITUATIONS.
9. Host team will always be the Home Team. On a neutral site home team is determined by a coin
toss. Home team will be official scorekeeper and occupy 3rd base dugout. Please note that all
changes in the line up must go throught the home plate umpire. Home team must report the scores
within 48 hours to the league director.
10. Metal cleated shoes are prohibited on all portable mounds. 12 year old & under teams must use
rubber cleated shoes.
11. All protest will be ruled upon 48 hours after the conclusion of the Game, and all decisions are final.
Player protest must be accompanied with a $50 player protest fee, if rules in favor protest fee will be
12. Game time is forfeit time. Coaches please use your discretion, to avoid forfieted or cancellation of
games. It is the teams responsibility to be warmed up and ready to play at game time. Only the umpire
may allow a 15 min. grace period at this discretion.
13. Courtesy runners will be allowed for the pitcher or catcher at any time. The courtesy runner will be
someone not currently in the game or if the team has no substitution, the last out. It is the base
runner's responsibility to avoid contact with the fielder when he has the ball. Slide or avoid is in effect
at all times. Intentinally running into a field who is in possession of the ball is grounds for ejection.
14. All conversations with an umpire should be conducted after a time out has been called and be
held in calm and professional manner. Verbal abuse of the umpire will not be tolerated and may result
in ejction from the game. If your question is regarding a rule clarification, the head umpire, or league
director will make an official ruling.
15. Ejected players and coaches shall be subject to discipline ranging from forfeiting a game, ejection
from the league, and SUSPENSION FROM ALL USSSA SANCTIONED LEAGUES AND
TOURNAMENTS FOR ONE YEAR PERIOD.
16. Any player, maanager or coach ejected from the game will sit out the following scheduled league
game. Managers are responsible for the conduct of his players and fans.
17. To intentionally walk a batter, a coach simply needs to inform the umpire and point to first base. No
pitches are thrown.
18. Boys 13U, 14U & 15U divisions will have the option to use wooden bats.
19. Standing and Seeding will be based on the following: best record, head to head, least runs
allowed, highest run differential based on games won, most runs scored, then coin toss.
20. POOR SPORTSMANSHIP WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. No throwing bats, helmets, or other
equipment. NO SWEARING. Any coach's behavior that is detrimental to the team or child will be given
a warning. Fans, coach, and players will only warned once for unruly, disruptive or inappropriate
behavior. A second offense will result in an explusion from the Park. Director has full discretion on all
matters, regarding conduct on and off the field.
21. ALL OTHER LEAGUE RULES NOT COVERED IN THE LEAGUE RULES OF USSSA WILL BE
RULED ON BY THE LEAGUE DIRECTOR AT HIS DISCRETION.
|The La Costa Bandits